You did it! We've reached 100% of our goal!
For every hand you make and send in during the Youth Uplift Challenge, the Bezos Family Foundation will donate $1.90—up to $500,000—to Save the Children’s programs empowering youth in Nicaragua and Indonesia to rise into a life they dream for themselves.
Get all you need to make and mail in your hand art here!
Our instructions are for the easiest possible construction with the most accessible materials, but if you would like to use other materials or methods—including photography and digital art—please feel free. We love seeing the many creative and thoughtful ways people everywhere create for Students Rebuild!
- Paper (any kind will do!)
- Something to write and decorate with (markers, crayons, paint, stickers, etc.)
1. Place your non-dominant hand near the center of the paper.
2. With your pen or marker, outline your hand, starting near your wrist and continuing along to the opposite side.
3. With your pen or marker, connect your start and end points to close the hand.
4. Take your time and decorate the inside of your hand—use vibrant colors or create interesting designs!
5. Cut out your hand along the outline.
Other helpful tools:
1. Watch our "How to Make a Hand" video below for a quick tutorial:
2. Download a printable Making Hands instruction guide. Everything you need to know to about for making hands, mailing and submitting digital submissions, and taking local actions can be found here!
3. Get even more inspiration from our Pinterest board:
Mail your hands with the packing slip or team information to us:
Full, detailed instructions on how to mail in hands and a printable mailing slip can be found in the Making Hands Instructions guide.
Print and complete the packing slip (on page 4 of your Hand Making Instructions guide) to send with your package. If you’re unable to print the packing slip, please be sure to include this team information in your package:
- The name of your Youth Uplift Challenge Team (the one you registered with)
- The number of young people (under age 19) that participated in the Challenge
- The number of hands inside your package
This information is critical and helps us track the contributions of your team.
Have you made and mailed your hand art in already? Congratulations! Download your participation certificate here.
Thank you for taking the Youth Uplift Challenge!